Monday, August 22, 2016

A day of Miracles

This day is sometimes hard, often confusing and always brings many questions, tears, heartache and joy.  I look at my children and there is a peace, they are true joy in my life, they are my miracles of August 22, 2003. I can tell you that I started the day as many others. Just another day, I write that and it doesn't fit, it was just another day but to me this day changed EVERYTHING.Its a day that will affect my life, and the lives of my children forever. Because in 2003 I just wanted to be normal more than I wanted anything. I thought I was going to do normal things and for once be a normal girl.  I had no idea he had other plans.    This year on this day I have everything that I ever wanted and more and yet there is still a pain in my heart and I am not sure what to do with it. So on this day this year I am going to be grateful.

Today I woke up not really thinking about the day it was the first day of seventh grade!! Wow how crazy is that.  The kids were up early and  were ready to go they may not admit it but they were more than excited that school was starting again.  Today is an anniversary for me that people don't want to hear about, talk about or  even acknowledge.  Some years that has been really hard.  There are no cards no calls to make sure that I am doing ok. No one checks, its just me and this day.  This is an anniversary that isn't important to them.  But it is to me, this is my day of Miracles.

  So today Monday August 22,2016  I will be in my class, I will be loving life as a teacher,  my first year as a real teacher, totally certified in every way. My mom dropped the kids off at school, so I could make it to work by 7 and meet my kids at school. I hoped  that it is everything that Vincent and Mariska thought it would be; this first day.  I will beg for that first day of school photo, not believing its the start of seventh grade.   I loved hearing all about their day, friends that were in their classes, who they ate lunch with, the teachers they had.  They have an amazing math teacher this year from the Bahamas and he has an accent and the kids just love that. They were in need of a really good teacher and they got many this year I am more than excited for them.  Vincent is playing his game on the x-box his man time before dinner, I used to think it was crazy but he needs those few minutes of down time before dinner. Mariska is on you tube looking up dinner ideas and desserts that she wants to make.  Me I am here. Writing, grateful for the day that I had.  Thinking of my miracles. My heart is full, I am getting ready to make dinner, the kids will sit at the bar and again tell me all about their day and their teachers and things that they might need for the year. While dinner is cooking we will look over all the paperwork, I will sign and sign and sign some more.  We will eat dinner together watch some crazy reality TV I am sure, and we will laugh.  I will say goodnight give them a hug and a kiss grateful that they had the most amazing first day of seventh grade! Wow how did that all happen so fast.  I will clean the kitchen, fix the pillows on the couch, line up all of the channel changers on the coffee table making everything just right. I will check all the locks for the hundredth time, I will look around the house making sure that everything is in its place.  Practically perfect.  I will crawl into bed and be more than grateful that the day was full and wonderful and I might cry a little because my heart is still a little broken on this day every year. But I will smile at my special  miracles and know everything will be ok.  Someday. Today was a great day, a more than awesome great day. My job is amazing, I love the people that I work with,  my kids are extraordinary, my house is perfect and today even today was perfect .



I heart your heart . 

No comments:

Post a Comment