Saturday, January 5, 2019

BAM

It's amazing sometimes that things can hit you so hard and fast

And just like that you are brought back to the days of growing up

The fear, the sadness, the pain that you feel in your heart that takes you right back 

The favoritism the feelings the sense of wanting to crawl in a hole

The feelings of never ever being enough

How someone can show up and things get all turned around, inside, outside upside down


Those things that hit you just like that, BAM

Things seem to be on a roll, going well and just like that a person can be brought back

Back to the things that have longed to be forgotten that are etched in the soul

There seems to be many of these lately and I have been at a loss. 

When you realize just how far that you have come and how quickly those little deeply hurtful things still have the power to cut like a knife.

And oh they cut so DEEP .......

By now I would think that I would have learned that I should go with the flow expect the punches

But I can't, I don't want to go with the flow I want people to change

I want people to be kinder and I want people to do the right thing

I want people to be respectful of how far that I have come and be mindful of exactly where this heart has come from

because there will be days when just like that

BAM, I am right back where I started.


 
I heart your heart 


No comments:

Post a Comment