Saturday, January 5, 2019

You don't get to forget me

You don't get to forget me

This I am sure that I will never understand

How do you share things  then just forget

How do you cry and hold someones heart then walk away

How do you share in their story then pretend they mean nothing

How do you say things like I love you then do things that crush their heart

How do you throw things in their face about the amount of time that they have spent on you

How do you feel when you just become unimportant

You don't get to forget me like that

You don't get to pretend that I mean nothing anymore

You don't get to show up and make things about you, when you have made no effort

You don't get to make the random invitation pretending all is well

You don't get to post pictures where I am left out and not say a word

You don't get to pretend that everything is fine when I don't hear from you in months

I do not understand these things,  I will never understand.

And as much as it hurts my heart,  I will not reach out anymore

I did and was crushed, I have and was made to feel less than

NO, that doesn't work any more for me

When others are my thoughts and I am not even a fleeting anything

I have to stand up for me,  its not ok to be forgotten

Even if you aren't a favorite reaching out to check on someone is the thing to do and I will

Forever and always do that.

I will not reach out for my heart

I will reach out to make sure your heart is ok, even though you have largely forgotten about mine

So I am not your person, not your tribe, not your friend, not your forever.....

 I am somebody to lots of people

I won't settle to be a sometimes

 I am too old to bruised to careful

And this heart needs and deserves more than you are able to give right now.

I do hope you remember me sometimes and just smile because once I did the same




























No comments:

Post a Comment