Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Just love the broken parts too

I saw these words this morning and it made me think of the past few weeks.  I think that in everyone's life there are people that like me, people that hate me, people that are indifferent and there are a few people that love all of my pieces, even the ones that can't be fixed, the ones that will always just be a part of me.  And those are the people that are important.  That's the beauty of being a person, of truly being loved broken pieces and all. I have very few of these, but the ones that I have I treasure and hold so very dear.

Its the people that love your broken parts, that see them but see you first, that will carry you through those really hard life moments when you just can't take another step on your own.  I have had those kind of people.  There was a time when I had a friend carry me for a few years, they were truly my training wheels as I clung to life digging myself out of a deep dark hole.  You don't find those people all the time, and when you do, keep them close. Always in your heart.

I am sure in the beginning I was carried, that is the only reason why I made it, I was carried, I was loved I was more than cared for,  as I got better closer to the light,  I would ride but they stayed close being my training wheels, making sure that I was ok giving me the courage to do life ,until one day I was able to ride on my own.

And I need that in different areas of my life.  I need people close, to care and at times to carry me when I am not sure that I am going to make it.  I know I will make it I know that I am a fighter but that life of a fighter is terrifying and often lonely and knowing that someone will stay at the darkest means more than having  a hundred friends when you have a party, it means more than any party or shower that a person can be invited to.  It means everything.

I think that at different times in a persons life, we need different things, people come into our lives for a time then leave,  But I have to believe that there are going to be people that come and that will be forever. I need that, I hate that I need that but I do.   So I am going to count myself so very lucky for the ones that I have for the people far away in the east and to the west,  that would carry me,  and give me rest, those people that are my soft place to fall that hold my heart that, just know with no words.

So those people that have held my heart, I always hold them close, and I hope in the future there might be others,  others that I don't even know that I would never expect because that is when it happens,  that is when it truly happens. So today I am going to hold my heart and know the gift that I have been given in a special few,  and know that they are my forever people.  I am grateful they see me.  

To those, I heart your heart.  ALWAYS 


No comments:

Post a Comment