Saturday, October 15, 2022

Untitled

 

There are a lot of things that I want to say. There are a lot of things that need to be said. There are a lot of things that I have to say that will ruffle feathers and are not pretty. I write about hard things that I have never been able to discuss and process. I write to try and figure out the things in my head that I have never been able to look at and heal from.  I was told last week that my writing had too many errors, that there were grammatical and punctuation errors.  I was told that I was writing from my story and that she was unable to connect. That if I changed how I was writing I would reach more people.  Well, thank you for your opinion.  At first, I took it personally, like oh my god stop writing now because you suck.   Then I was angry, like how dare you say those things to me.  Then I was a little angrier, because I felt like she was judging not my writing but what I was writing about.  She said I needed a proofreader basically. I wish that I had the exact words that were said, but in a moment of clarity.  I deleted the entire conversation.  I write for me and for my own heart.    I know my wring needs a great deal of work, I just write from my heart, and I am not sorry that I repeat words, I am not sorry that she could not connect.  I am not sorry that I write about hard things that all too often don't get discussed.  I am not sorry that you will never understand the kind of things that I write. And her last little jab, that last poke of the knife was a keep writing with an exclamation mark.  Well, I have to laugh like I needed you to keep telling me that.  I will always write, and I will always make stupid grammatical errors and punctuation errors because I just write to get all the words out that have been stuffed for far to long.  I am not writing to please anyone, I am not writing to make a person feel better I am writing because it's what I need.  I am writing because the things I write about are things that I need out of my mind and body.  The things I write about are the things that can crush a soul and I am done being crushed.  This even about constructive criticism.  There was nothing constructive about what was written in the reply.  One thing I do is connect, so that you were unable to hear the words is more about you than about my writing. 


I heart your heart. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment