Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Trauma makes you feel collapsed

 


Yes. Trauma makes me feel collapsed. 
It takes away the things I thought I knew 
then fills them with things I could never imagine
The broken I feel inside is often immeasurable 
and I have to be careful of all the sharp edges, 
the broken bits and pieces that can stab and slice
sometimes with the smallest infraction
Even when my voice has been found there 
will always be people ready to ignore, belittle 
and choose to look the other way
It has taken me so long to get where I am
I have truly fought for my recovery, to feel like I 
have a place , to fight for the things that matter 
And just like that the implosion 
and  it puts you right back where 
you started. 
It takes so long to rebuild 
and just like that 
COLLAPSE 
And I wonder if it will always be like this ...
build and be destroyed
build and be destroyed
And you know what I want more than anything 
For just one day, when you finally speak your truth
I want some one to say I hear you, let me help you.
Lets do things different. 


I heart your heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment