Sunday, March 14, 2021

Windshield

 You know sometimes its the simple things. My windshield has been cracked for a few years. I would never spend the money to get it fixed. There was a level of worthiness or lack of worth that played a huge part in this for me. There was always something else that came first.  Every day when I got in my car, I more than hated looking at that crack, that over the months had gotten bigger and bigger .  The once little crack had spread. I somehow in my head thought that I deserved that crack, that it was literally a representation that I don't didn't and never will deserve better.  Kind of a theme in my life not deserving good things, not deserving to have nice things.  It was the same kind of thing when someone wanted to give me their broken couch. I said no then they said they were just going to throw it away anyway and  the comments that were made broke my heart.  I wasn't worth a nice couch that wasn't broken. I wasn't worth a beautiful clear windshield.  

Finally Finally after the last freeze,  the crack spread.  You could hear the glass cracking as the ice began to de-thaw.  I was afraid of the entire window caving in.  So I did it, I finally got a new windshield. I can not even tell you how great that it is. If a windshield can be beautiful mine is all that and more.  This sounds so incredibly stupid but oh so how I have felt.  Someday I hope that my worth won't even be a question for me. 


I heart your heart


No comments:

Post a Comment