Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Big Girls Cry

 


Tonight was another one of those moments where I realized something that I had never ever thought of before.  And I am not sure that my mind knows what to do with that. I keep repeating what I never imagined. I want that thought to settle, to find a place but I am not sure that there is one. 

For almost 19 years I have thought one thing and tonight I realized that I as totally wrong.  

I have always said that a pillow fell on my face and  I just went away.   I really really thought like it just so happened , that the pillow fell over my face all by itself,  but really it was on purpose,  how does a pillow do that it doesn't , how does a pillow fall exactly over someone's face IT DOES NOT.  Before tonight that thought had never crossed my mind.

I have never ever realized that before ,  and when I talk about violence and whether or not he was a monster, that is a big deal.  He was violent, he was mean and he put that pillow over my face.  


And my head screams for excuses , maybe he was moving it out of the way, maybe he was I don't know, I just don't know what he was doing.  And I think was he trying to end my life ? Was he trying to make me shut up ?  Was he trying to stop me from breathing?  Those things I will never know because I just went away.  And there is such great frustration in that. How does a person not even know something as big as this. 


I can remember Mark months ago talking about it, and He asked something about him trying to cover my face, like he wanted to stop my breathing and I quickly stood up for Chares, like oh no it just fell; And I remember him being a little confused.  Now I understand that confusion, because it didn't accidentally fall right on my face, it was put there.  That doesn't even make sense in my head and I have to figure out where that fits in my story.  Like he did that on purpose/  that is hard to understand. I have tried to make him a good guy in a sense because of my children. 

And as another August 22 has passed, this is yet another piece of the puzzle. I find myself saying it over and over again in my head like somehow its going to make some kind of sense, but it still hasn't .  I am sure that there is no sense to be had in this one. This is more than heartbreaking, and challenges all the things that I have said to myself all these years. 

There has been a huge part of me that blamed myself.  That hated the choices that I made that day.  I have hated myself for wanting to fit in, for wanting to belong, for wanting someone to talk to me and get to know the things that I like.  

I am so sad about all that was taken that day.    I am so sad that he was yet another person who hurt me.  I am sad that I felt like I was coming out of my shell a bit and opening up and wanting good things.  And just like that; all was taken with yet another violent act.  That is heartbreaking. I feel like that  took thinks that I will never get back.  I fear never finding love, never being special, never really really being understood. Those are all things that I wanted that day,  I wanted normal and got everything hurtful.  

I feel like the truth is still swirling in my brain trying to find a place to settle, trying to find a place to fit.  I am wondering how something like this ever fits in anywhere.  I can see the violence in the truth; and it is more than painful. .  Yet, there is a part of me that wants to hold on  to the lie that a random pillow just happened to fall directly on my face.  I am angry that I just went away.  I am angry that I don't have knowledge of what happened to me.  Its strange to know what happened because I have my children, but the last thing I remember was that fucking pillow.  That orange pillow, that tried to take my breathe away.  


So many thoughts and feelings that all feel so overwhelming.  I feel like my thoughts are so confused and I don't have any real answers.  This is more than hard. 


I heart your heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment