I heard a new song the other day called Love Story, and it made me cry. It made me cry for reasons I don't even know. I used to think I wanted my very own love story someday. That person who would hold my heart and love the little things that make me me. But I don't think I'll ever find Prince Charming and have my happily ever after. It's funny; in my writing, I have gone back and forth. Sometimes there is a happily ever after, and other times there isn't. I think my love story will come from doing what I love and making a difference for others. Sometimes that makes me sad; I worry about being alone when I get old. I hate the feeling of coming home to an empty house when there are so many things in my heart that I want to share. Maybe I just need to stop thinking. Focus on my doctorate, the research, and finding that just-right question that will make a difference for others. Maybe there are things that are too late for me, but if I can pave the way for others, then at least there is meaning. I'm going to put everything I have into these next steps. The research, the clients, the work that must be my focus. I am just saying I don't want to hold hope for something that isn't meant for me.
I heart your heart
No comments:
Post a Comment