So I just did this thing and got business cards. I found something that feels most like me, and it's the best I've ever found. I don't have a business yet, or any clients, but my heart is open and so excited for what is next. I think Safe Harbor fits quite nicely. A place to call home, a place that is warm, engaging, but above all safe. Whales were my safe harbor, and I have the education and licensure to provide that care to others. A place where there is no judgment, no blame, just a safe place to heal your heart. Today I got the official word that, on paper, I am an LPC-Associate. That is more than surreal and hard to take in, but more than exciting. I get to go back to the place that makes my heart happy on Monday. I get to continue my Doctorial classes, see my clients, and do all the things that I never dreamed were possible. So many big ideas are spinning: places that I want to go, classes to teach, topics to explore,presentations to be made and stories to be told. Today is a different kind of accomplishment than that 13-year-old girl who reached out to touch that whale and made a connection for the first time in a very long time ever thought possible. Today is a different kind of accomplishment for the woman who has worked so hard to heal the parts of herself that kept her alive for so very long. Today is the start of new beginnings, new feelings and new ways of thinking. I will accomplish all that I dream, and more. I never want to forget the things that I feel in this moment.
Pictures to come when the cards come in.
Yes, this. Safe Harbor Counseling.
I heart your heart.

No comments:
Post a Comment