Saturday, November 30, 2019

My heart feels Worn

“Even in the middle of someplace beautiful, it can feel completely dark. That’s what trauma does to the soul. It shatters the mind, and tears up the heart. It renders you unable to see the good. It suspends you in time, until you’ve healed every part. But step by step, you can climb out of this hell. There is a way, to heal your broken heart.”
-Little girl speak







“And sometimes my safety washes away. Sometimes it’s ripped right out from under me. And in those moments, I can feel the weight so heavily, like the lost pages of a diary. This child within; she’s still battling. She fights so hard for a seat at my table. And every day, I try my best to let her in. Thank God most days, I’m able.”
-Little girl speak





“PTSD is like having a body that wants to swim, and a mind that wants to drown.”






No comments:

Post a Comment