Sunday, April 29, 2018

Safe Place

I am not even sure where to start or if I have the right words but its been coming up more and more lately.  When I tell someone that this is my safe place , they hear the words but they don't really get it. And its not intentional its not something that they mean, but none the less it hurts.  Because when you have grown up never having a safe place when you do actually find that one safe place; that is huge.    Not just your everyday I have a place, it's like oh my god,  I found the yellow brick road huge. I can be comfortable in my own skin huge.  I can totally be me with no exceptions.  And when people do things  that makes that safe place go away, they don't understand the implications, it hurts like hell because its something that you have never had before. For someone when you were the safe spot and when you let unsafe hurtful people in to that place that was your everything your safe place your place to be whatever it was that you need to be,  it changes things forever.  Because if it was understood what it meant to have that safe place, things would be different.  I am not meaning to say they can not do whatever they want.  I want them to understand what happened I want them to understand what its like to have your safe place totally ripped out from under you and to that heart that has never known a place like that it feels like such a betrayal.  If you knew and understood what that place meant to me why in the world would you shatter that by having someone who has hurt the other person so much come into that safe place like its nothing.  For them its nothing for me its more than hurtful. I want a consideration of feelings and an understanding.  I can see the eye rolls and thought bubbles about how stupid it is that just is representative about just how unaware of someones feelings that they are.  I do not want to tell them what to do who and what they can have.  I know that, they are not mine.  I just want an understanding and I am not sure that there will ever be one because there is no understanding of just what that safe place meant. 



I want more than anything for people to get it to respect where I have been and I just don't know how to get there. 
I want people to understand, where I am coming from why my heart is hurt and why I am not sure that things can ever go back.  There is no understanding, and no concern for what happened and where I am where I was left at the end. 





I heart your heart 

No comments:

Post a Comment