Thursday, June 10, 2021

Adrift : Mark Nepo


 


The simple beauty in this Poem is more than amazing.
 That first Line : 

Everything is Beautiful and I am so sad. 

Yes That.  

It makes me cry.  Everything is Beautiful and I am so sad. 

Yes, I am so very sad. 

I am more than grateful for Glen Phillips for being such an awesome human and sharing this poem during one of his concerts. I will forever be grateful.  Because I am so sad, and everything is beautiful.

I feel like this is everything that I feel for my life.  I can see so many amazing beautiful things around me and yet that sad. That ever present sad that aches, that never goes away.  Sometimes I feel bad saying that,  because there are so many reasons for me to be happy.  I have so many things in my life that are great, and beautiful and amazing and I often feel that I don't still deserve to be the kind of sad that I am. I feel like this writing is a way for them both to exist and be ok at the same time. I have said it before, I feel like for me there is always going to be a certain sad. 
I see the pictures in my head, things that I carry. Things that have happened how I have been treated.
There is such a great deal of sadness.  Most of those sadness's were things that I was never allowed to feel or even acknowledge. There was such great loss for so many things. 
I think that there is a part of me that feels somehow  if I just acknowledge that sadness is there and might always be there,  somehow that is the permission it needs. Right now in this moment in this time  its ok to feel that sad.
And someday, just maybe someday that sader than sad won't be there anymore; 
Even if it feels like such a huge part of each and every day now.  
It's only been recently that I even acknowledged, that sad.  I went through for so long pretending that everything as fine, pretending that all the cracks, and bruises, all the gaping wounds were just meant to be.  Being able to acknowledge that deepest sadness, and also know that there is great beauty ?!? 
Wow, I am not sure that there is anymore amazing than that. 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment