Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Counselor in Training

 


I am really kind of excited even with the tears rolling down my face.  I just watched my first video that I taped and for the first time ever there was a thought that I am going to be a great counselor.  I felt at home, there were no awkward pauses, and I was totally present and there for my client.  I knew this is what i wanted to do, but watching back that first practice video there were moments I found myself feeling so alive.  I was scared watching it back thinking that I was going to see so much negative, and there were a few things I will totally do different next time.  At the same time there were a lot of things that I did right.  I really like that counselor in training.  I am so looking forward to the feedback that I get and things that I can do better next time. We will see when I get my grade back, but there is an excitement that feels so amazing.  I know that I want to do this with my whole heart.  I know that there will be people that I can help.  I always worry that my own past will be a barrier, and not once did I think about myself or my own history it was about my client and what they needed in our time together.  So many things were reassured for me, and I just love that.  I still want to work with Trauma and all that that entails, but even those not so big things I can still make a connection and make a difference for others. Oh, I am in the right place.  I have so much to learn, and I am just so excited. 


I heart your heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment