Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Just Breathe

The ABSOLUTE best quote that I have read in a long time. 


"It's a wonder that your body continues to fill your lungs with air when you have forgotten to breathe"

Yes, This. Let that sink in. 

Today I needed this. 

I have been forgetting to breathe, 

and realizing that and trying to catch my breathe. 

thinking that if I don't breathe then it can't be the truth.  

I hold my breathe out of fear. I hold my breathe out of the unknown.

I hold my breathe out of the pure heaviness of my heart. 

Reading this quote is a realization really.

Today was a day that I had to talk about really hard things. 

Things that a person should never have to talk about.

A tragedy, and the tears begin to fall.

A Tragedy ; my biggest blessing.

And yet all those years ago when I was sure there was no more breathe, and death was near

 even then my lungs continued to do what they were meant to do.

Even when I was breaking.

IN and OUT, IN and OUT

All those times when I was most alone in the world. 

IN and OUT, IN and OUT

The breathing never stops.

And as I heal, grow and let it out in the world

I will find a way to find those things a new space in my heart and mind.

And I will keep breathing.

I heart your heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment