Friday, September 27, 2024

Oh Little Callahan

 


Today I found this picture and it reminded me of you.  That once upon a time girl holding the sword is long gone. How free you are.  Your innocence and your heart, absolutely glow in this picture.  You have this spirit that is something other worldly, TRULY.  You are one in a million. I was talking about you this week, about how you used to cry for hours, for days maybe even years. You would hide outside under a tree, inside behind a desk.  You would hide, wanting to be close and not knowing how. You have come such a long way in this cruel world.  I am more than proud of you.  You could have turned cold; you could have let others steal your spirit, but you never did.  You are a warrior a true fighter and I am ever so grateful for you.  I sit here, with a sense of peace you are so free, so happy and truly content.  You don't have a care in the world and I am not sure that I ever imagined this would be the life for you. I look at this picture and I don't see any of the awful that happened to you as a little girl. I do not believe that you will ever forget the tragic things that have happened, but you will not let those things keep you from living.  You have a freedom, and sense of joy that you should have had your entire life.  You have it now, and there is nothing that can ever take that away from you. I am not going to lie this picture melts my heart because it's everything that I ever wanted for you.  Being exactly as you should be, perfect in every way.  Keep looking at those clouds and never stop dreaming.  I think that today, I can finally say that I love and I am ever so grateful that I get to call you mine. 


I heart your heart

No comments:

Post a Comment