Thursday, March 9, 2023

Timelines : A perspective

 

I think that I am a little in shock really, this is a lot in a short time frame. I am amazed that I survived this basically on my own.  So much in one single lifetime. it's weird you know things happened but when you put them in order and see them written down its totally different.  Mark is doing a talk in July and i am going to be a part of it.  There is just so much, my story is complicated there are so many layers and ways that things are connected. I didn't realize how much that the church was woven in until getting ready to speak to Mark's interns.  We are thinking that a timeline will help.  There are so many different parts and pieces. I think maybe I am learning to give myself a little credit for surviving and becoming an okay person.  I don't use the word miracle lightly, but it's a miracle I am where I am today. I should be proud of myself.  



Oct 12, 1998, Made the first report /Pressed Charges 

April 22, 1999, He was indicted. 

May 22, 2000, He took a plea deal.....it was a Class A misdemeanor....So not fair 

January 2002 Went to Boston and testified for Angela ( I had been there before but case wasn't heard )

Aug 22, 2003 Got pregnant with Vincent and Mariska 

Oct 17, 2011 Contacted detectives in Nixa about the letters I received from my father 

2012 Started my blog -- Not important but a date to remember.

May 2014 graduated UNT. 

January 2015 first talked to Valerie and Neil 

May22, 2015 Filmed Off the Record 

2016 Off the Record Released 


No wonder I was exhausted.  As hard as these things are, they are good for me and gives me a different perspective on where I am.  And people were so cruel along the way always judging what I was doing why and how, they had no clue and didn't take a breath to ask. 

I am trying to let this all sink in, so much.  And all of this on top of all the things growing up the way that I did.  I think now more than ever I would say I was definitely a fighter, time after time giving up was never an option! There were so many opportunities, I don't think I give myself enough credit. And that isn't the little things and the setbacks that were in-between all of the big things. 

To be where I am today is more than amazing.  I literally survived the unimaginable, in a shit show of a household. 

Here are also some of the possible titles for the presentation in July, I am sure the list will grow, here's the first ones that I came up with

Wounds of the heart 

Born to be Brave. 

Beautiful Trauma 

Learning to live with what is broken. 

Learning to live with broken pieces. 

Tragedy to triumph

Battles fought and won. 

Untangling the Trauma 

No comments:

Post a Comment